Working Safely In Your Biological Safety Cabinet
- Do not confuse Laminar Flow Cabinets with Biosafety Cabinets.
- Do not use the cabinet for agents of extreme hazard.
- Do not operate the cabinet if any of the alarms are activated.
- A bunsen burner should not be used.
- Do not use the cabinet as a storage area.
- Observe proper cabinet location.
- Always operate the unit continuously.
- Minimize disturbances to airflow barrier.
- The cabinet must be certified annually.
- Observe surface decontamination.
- Allow purge cycles.
- Observe correct sash opening height.
- Only trained personnel should use the cabinet.
- Wear proper work attire.
- Work within the safe areas.
- Observe proper aseptic technique.
Download: (version 1) - (version 2)